Volunteer Centre Swindon’s primary function is to match individuals and groups interested in volunteering with appropriate opportunities in the local community.
For volunteers we provide:
• One to one advice and guidance at our drop-in centre
• Referral to an appropriate organisation
• Support and encouragement
• Easy access to a variety of volunteering opportunities
• Follow up and monitoring
For organisations we provide:
• Advertisement of specific opportunities on behalf of local groups
• Active recruitment of potential volunteers for local groups
• Development of good practice in all aspects of working with volunteers
• Organisation of a regular Volunteer Co-ordinators’ Forum
• Updates on any policy issues that may affect you or your volunteers
For employers we provide:
• Support with developing employer supported volunteering through Involve Swindon
In addition, Volunteer Centre Swindon is involved in strategic thinking and planning at a sub regional level. As members of Volunteering England we feed into work being done at a national level.